The world’s first FDA – cleared medical grade state-of-the-art micro-needling device
A simple, safe non-surgical procedure utilizing your own cells to improve skin quality in terms of texture, luminosity and thickness.
How micro-needling with the SkinPen Precision works ?
SkinPen Precision by Bellus Medical is the first FDA-cleared microneedling device on the market and is clinically proven to improve the appearance of wrinkles of the neck and acne scars in patients ages 22 and older. In as few as three minimally invasive treatments spaced 30 days apart, you can improve your appearance and step out with confidence.
How does microneedling work?
It creates thousands of microchannels that stimulate your body’s natural wound healing process, while minimizing cellular damage. This rejuvenates your skin from the inside out.
The result is effective remodeling of scar tissue, while keeping the overall structure of the skin intact.
There are three phases to the wound-repair process:
• Phase I: Inflammation. Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to cleanse the wound, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
• Phase II: Proliferation. The wound is rebuilt with new granulation cells, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
• Phase III: Remodeling.The wound is replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels.
Best of all, SkinPen works. Ninety percent of subjects in the clinical trial would recommend the procedure to family and friends.
Benefits of SkinPen
Little downtime: It is a perfect treatment for patients with a busy schedule.
Natural recovery: SkinPen’s mechanical process is versatile and usable year-round.
Safe for all Skin Types: Clinically proven effective on all skin types, Fitzpatrick 1 – 6.
Safe and Sound: The First FDA-cleared microneedling device on the market
Comfortable: A light numbing cream is used to minimize discomfort.
Will micro-needling work for me?
Unlike most alternatives, SkinPen Precision has been clinically shown to be effective for women and men with skin ranging from skin-types light to very dark . Likewise, SkinPen’s mechanical process is less abrasive than harsh peels.
Here’s what you can expect from a SkinPen Precision treatment:
- A plan for optimal results. Dr Dani Waxman recommend a course of procedures based on your individual goals. Usually a series of 3 treatments spaced 4 weeks apart are recommended .After this additional treatments may be needed to maintain your desired result.
- A comfortable procedure. A topical numbing agent is applied to the treatment area.
- A short procedure time. The treatment will likely take about 30 to 45 minutes (depending upon whether or not you have the treatment with PRP).
- A mild sensation. Most patients report feeling only the slight vibration of SkinPen during the procedure. A layer of SkinFuse Hydrogel is applied to the treatment area to protect the skin against abrasion and friction of the SkinPen Precision device during treatment.
- SkinPen Micro-needling is then done either with or with Platelet Rich Plasma ,according to your personal preference.
- Minimal post-procedure effects. The skin will appear slightly pink to red immediately post-procedure, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn. Additionally, the most common treatment responses experienced were dryness, rough skin, tightness, redness, itching, peeling, discomfort, tenderness, and burning. These conditions usually resolve over time without any further complications.
- Soothing aftercare. After your treatment you will be provided with Skinfuse® LIFT, a clean, non-cytotoxic hydrogel used to prevent the skin from drying out post-treatment as well as SkinFuse Rescue Calming Complex to be used after 24 hrs post treatment.
- An effective post-procedure protocol is supplied.
- It is recommended to avoid vigorous exercise and sun exposure for 72 hours post-treatment.
The SkinPen Precision treatment can be done either using the SkinFuse treatment (a hydrogel which protects the skin against abrasion and friction of the SkinPen)alone or using the SkinFuse treatment as well as your own Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP).
Cost of SkinPen Precision micro-needling treatment
-SkinPen +SkinFuse treatment -$450 per treatment
-SkinPen +PRP +SkinFuse treatment -$660 per treatment
Each treatment comes with a SkinFuse treatment and aftercare kit containing SkinFuse Lift Hydrogel and SkinFuse Rescue Calming complex .